Sorry it’s been a while since I updated this blog. Partly it’s that infrequency somehow breeds infrequency. So, it actually became easier to blog at the beginning of the year because I was ‘keeping the oven hot’ by blogging all the time. Anyway, here’s a quick update on what’s going on in my little life…
– Katie’s show Complimentary was a hit at Warwick Arts Centre as part of Bite-Sized. There were two performers at opposite sides of the bar, one audience member passing messages between them, and a very bemused general public enjoying their pints wondering why someone at the bar was singing from The Lion King and having water thrown in their face.
– I’m soon to be the proud owner of a soon to be famous purple drum kit.
– Which is why the shiny new shed is now full and shelves are rapidly being constructed.
– I’ve got some great new CDs: Four Tet – Remixes, Shirley Collins & Dary Graham – Folk Roots, New Routes, and The Magnetic Fields – 69 Love Songs being highlights.
– My new computer, which at 3Ghz was already 8 times faster than the old one, is now running quite happily at a slightly obscene 3.6Ghz. If you grew up with a BBC Micro, that’s fast.
– Which means that I can run Ubuntu inside Windows (using VMWare if you’re interested). This is because (a) I’m a geek, and (b) I read too many articles about unpatched vulnerabilities in things like Adobe Flash Player (that means spyware, if you’re still with me).
– I’m looking forward to being the first to do Black Tonic on the weekend.
– I’ve just realised that we’re all geeks now. If you don’t believe me, then time travel (in your mind if necessary) back 10 years and ask yourself what the following are: Router, Broadband, Mbits/sec. Did you know then? Do you know now? If so, Q.E.D.